Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-24-2009, 03:51 PM   #1
TIREGOD

Default SPEAKERS

ON 2008 SUPERNOVA HOW DO YOU CONTROL THE INTERIOR SPEAKERS IM LOST AS TO WHAT CONTROLS THEM THE TVS ONLY HAVE SOUND COMING FROM TV ITSELF THANKS FOR ADVICE
TIREGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:25 PM   #2
RJ82much

Never too late for an answer, I suppose. Today I had to install our new flat screen TV into the front overhead cabinet and in the process, disassemble the overhead center speaker.

As I wasn't sure how the TV was connected (the old one was removed last year), I needed to assure everything was working before closing up the TV cabinet.

The direct answer about how to get TV sound out of the surround-sound speakers is 1) turn on your entertainment center and the TV. 2) Cycle the "input select" button on the entertainment system to "L1" (at least that's what it is on the Sony that came with my coach). There is a couple second of time delay till you hear the sound in the surround-sound speakers. Volume control on the entertainment center works. I'm sure that fade & balance also work, if I could figure out how. Note that it will work even with your 3x3 input switch turned off.

All this is predicated that TV audio output is connected to the coach wiring (grey wires w/ RCA type jacks).

Another thing learned: the speaker's connectors are ill-fitting. The wires just fell off the terminals as I removed the speaker. The wrong size female spade connector was used. (1/8" male on speaker to a 1/4" or larger female on the GS wires). So, if anyone notices a dead speaker, check the connection to the speaker.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:52 AM   #3
Jim and di

On my coach the fade and balance for the Sony sound system work off the front radio. Hope that helps,
Jim
Jim and di is offline   Reply With Quote