Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Gulf Stream Owners | Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-04-2023, 03:37 PM   #1
MuleGal

Default Newbie 2024 BT Cruiser 5210 owner here!

so glad to find this forum….. I just traded in my old Roadtrek Sprinter Van for a brand new 5210 BT Cruiser. Super excited, but also a bit overwhelmed (LOL). Any tips, advice, etc very much appreciated. Thanks, Trish
MuleGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 04:40 PM   #2
Leisure Time Larry

Congrats! Welcome to the BT Cruiser fam! Advice? Go over everything with a fine-toothed comb and put in for any warranty work asap while it's winter. I advise learning as much as you can about your new rig. Learn what AC circuit breakers operate which outlets, learn what DC fuses operate what lights, appliance, etc. Make sure to label them clearly and properly if they are not. Open the removable panels and take photos of what is behind them, plumbing, electrical, valves, switches, etc. Figure out as much as you can before the busy camping season. Watch YouTube videos. You've got this!
2005 22' BT Cruiser 5211, Chevrolet 3500 chassis w/6.0L Vortec V-8; 6'x12' Cargo Trailer; Honda CB500X motorcycle for street and ADV riding; Yamaha TW200 motorcycle for dual-sport and trail riding...All of it for fun and adventure!
Leisure Time Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 04:50 PM   #3
evh5150

Hi Trish!
Welcome to the Gulf Stream forum.
I have a 2021 BT5210 that I purchased new.
My wife and I love our rig and find it to be a nice travelling vehicle.
Here are some talking points that might get you thinking about some comfort and knowledge about your new ride.
1.0 Your water heater can use propane or electric to heat your water.
2.0 Give your Jacknife sofas a comfort test. Others, including me made upgrades for better comfort.
3.0 That 7.3l Godzilla motor is new for 2021 and will provide more than enough power for your needs.
4.0 I was not satisfied with the Ford steering stabilizer. I upgraded to a Roadmaster stabilizer for a more enjoyable driving experience.
5.0 Check your tire pressure often.
6.0 Your water pump is located below your drivers side jacknife sofa.
Hope these things help getting you started.
Look under the B+ forum for BT5210 postings for more enlightenment
evh5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 09:20 AM   #4
MuleGal

Thank you so much for the replies!!! I’ve been slammed busy working (end of year healthcare worker rush), but trying to figure things out with my new rig. BIG questions is, and I’ll do a search here on the topic, what’s the best way to get some “lift” so that I can better navigate backroads.
MuleGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 07:27 PM   #5
dvmkathymurf

I had 2 leafsprings added on each side in the rear and so much better!!
dvmkathymurf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bt cruiser 5210