Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-07-2011, 10:00 PM   #1
steve.k

Default Texas TC anyone talk to him lately??

Just kinda miss Texas feedback ??Anyone heard from him and how he likes new coach??
Steve
steve.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:51 AM   #2
Texas TC

Default Re: Texas TC anyone talk to him lately??

Thanks for asking. I do check in on this forum from time to time and enjoy reading about how you guys are doing.

I have just over 4000 miles on the new coach. I have road trips and dry camping experiences and have enjoyed it so far. Winnebago does a great job of fit and finish. The floor-plan of the Journey Express with three slides has been great for my wife and I. There are systems and amenities on this coach that I am having to learn. True air suspension, energy management system, auto start generator to name a few. I attended Camp Freightliner to learn about all the chassis systems and the two day course was simply great! I am certainly liking the 10 plus mpg even with the use of DEF. I have been extremely pleased and surprised with the performance and efficiency of the Cummins engine.

As with all new coaches, I have a very short list of things that need attention and my dealer Mc Clain's RV (same dealer that I purchased the SuperNova from) is systematically working through them while working around my travel schedule. There has not been any issues that keep me from using the coach so I just leave it with them and pick it up for my trips and then take it back. It has worked out really well thus far.

Now for the down side. I stayed away from Class A coaches for several years because I really liked driving the truck chassis coaches. I am still trying to get accustomed to driving a bus. The air suspension is great, the coach is very quiet and my Sirius satellite radio sounds great turned down really low while driving. It is just different. I sit over the wheels which provides a different "feel" while driving. It has a much longer overhang in the rear that causes the need for some additional attention when parking and turning. I am quite sure I will learn to love the driving properties of the Class A, but, for now, the SuperNova is, still, the best handling and pure driving coach I have owned.

I hope all of you keep enjoying your SuperNova's. Mine sold at the dealership in a couple of weeks. I don't know who the purchaser was but I did provide the dealership with all the maintenance records and a two page writeup about all the changes I had made to the coach and how all the add-ons worked. I really think they got a great coach and hope they enjoy it as much as my wife and I did.

Keep traveling and having fun!

TxTC

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:04 PM   #3
Gemini John

Glad to see your still out there TC . Your advise sure helped me with my 6372. Added a leaf, rear shocks, airride 810, heavier front shocks,and cut the bump stops. Now I can put the wife and dog in the back returning from a race and their asleep in 10 min. Never a peep bliss LOL. Your guildence sure helped me, stay in touch. Once I retire I'll be out there and maybe find you guys, now it's just racetrack to racetrack HJ
Old 11-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #4
steve.k

Wholly Its been awhile since Ive been on!Sorry I missed Texas,good to hear he is still checking on us.Gemini I finally made it out racing this year also.I used my coach to pull my 28ft v-nose trailer(4400lbs.empty)and car (3440)and varoius tools.I drove up with a buddy and he has 1-ton Dodge cummins and 28ft straight wall(front) he could not out run me on flats and when we hit the hills he just crept on me by a bit?I did chip my coach so I was impressed how it pulled.Going to get more races next year and also thinking about the air ride.A local truck shop say they have installed quite a few of those air ride systems on shcool buses because out here on gravel roads with the large overhang they were having many frame and spring issues?The airbags all but eliminated there problems.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
Gemini John

Do the Airride 810. You'll be so glad you did. Glad to see you use yours like me to go have fun. Out for the final trip this season tomorrow. Still just love the heck out of this critter. HJ
Old 11-12-2011, 11:21 AM   #6
steve.k

Hey Gemini my unit had the leafs installed before i bought it.I did notice it was really smooth with trailer hooked up.Also didnt you put the controller on yours?
Old 11-21-2011, 06:33 PM   #7
Gemini John

Yes Steve, I have a TS Performance contoller. Mounted the rotary knob right in a little spot in the dash. Call them to be sure you get the correct version. Just tell them what you got and go. Winterized mine saturday. 77 hours generator time, 453 miles towing 8000 lbs 78 gal of fuel. Not half bad for transport, and home, and power for 2 other campsights at the finals for four days. Made the semi-finals at the Division 3 North Stars IHRA finals, good year racin. HATED to put it to sleep for the winter, but she's comin. More stuff soon HJ
Old 12-25-2011, 12:34 PM   #8
chuckyboy

I WAS ON IRV2 ,AND NOTICED TEXAS TC NAME . FOLLOWED THE POST,IT SEEMS TEX IS HAVING ALOT OF RIDE ISSUES WITH HIS NEW COACH, SORRY TO HEAR ,I HOPE TEX WORKS OUT HIS PROBLEMS, . IWAS SURPRISED, HE SHOULD OF FOUND OUT MORE ABOUT WINNEBAGO CLASS A BEFORE PURCHASE...... GOOD LUCK TEX !
chuckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote