Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-13-2019, 01:32 PM   #1
bbybee

Default Remove our washer/dryer combo for our 2007 Crescendo

Looking to remove our washer/dryer combo for our 2007 Crescendo. Any words of wisdom before I jump in

Thanks for any ides and or help …

Thanks,
Buck
Old 03-13-2019, 01:42 PM   #2
Chuck v

What exactly are your concerns? Replacing this unit with another or just reclaiming the space? You will find that the appliance is heavy/awkward/bulky and just fits through the door of the coach...so have a low platform dolly for the internal carry and at east two strong people.

I changed out the washer in my Tour Master for a better one with more cycles...maybe the individual machines in the stacked pair are each a bit more heavy than the imported combo units. We used an engine hoist to assist in getting the washer out the door and over the stairs, since the wife and I are both in our seventies.

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 02:20 PM   #3
bbybee

We are reclaiming space. (post & pans and a fireplace) We have found that we end up having so much wash to do we go by a laundry mat toss the stuff in and go out sight seeing…

As for getting bout the door, oh my sore back …
Old 03-13-2019, 09:21 PM   #4
Chuck v

Understood...

With the stacked appliances in my TM, the separate washer and dryer could handle laundry much more quickly than a combo machine that has to do both cycles on each load. I spent 5+ years living in the coach and did all my laundry there (about 4 or five loads each Saturday...) I used this routine to help structure the dumping my grey and black tanks, as I closed the grey valve when I started the wash, then after getting a mostly full grey tank from all those loads of wash I could dump the black tank and then follow it with the grey tank to flush out the hoses to the park hookup. For the rest of the week the black valve was left closed and the grey valve was left open (except in sub-zero weather when the grey valve was also closed and mid-week intermediate grey draining was performed...)

If your RV use allows the laundry mat use and the tourism you describe, then taking out the combo unit may suit your needs far better. You might considering setting the machine aside for reinstallation when it comes time to sell this coach if you have the means/space to store it...depending on how "custom" your pan storage and fireplace will be.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:44 AM   #5
bbybee

Thanks for the info Chuck. We are going to keep the unit as you said for reinstall if we ever do sell.

Buck