Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-24-2010, 11:05 PM   #1
RayChez1

Default Question

Never before had I seen this receptical outlet in the inverter/charger compartment. There is also a chord brand new next to it, but still wrapped not plugged into the receptical. I am not sure if that cord is suppose to be plugged in or what is it for. Is it the block heater?
I have been turning on the block heater at the switch inside the coach, but maybe it has been disconnected all this time. LOL!
It is in the same compartment where the anaconda cord is for shore power. Does anybody know if this is for the block heater? Seven years with the coach and still discovering stuff on it that I didn't even know were there.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:24 PM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

This is for the engine heater.

If you are turning the "Block Heater" off/on in the breaker box, that is for the receptacle that you are talking about in the compartment.
To verify this you can check it by plugging a light into it and see if it goes off and on when you turn the breaker on/off.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
RayChez1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GStream40
This is for the engine heater.

If you are turning the "Block Heater" off/on in the breaker box, that is for the receptacle that you are talking about in the compartment.
To verify this you can check it by plugging a light into it and see if it goes off and on when you turn the breaker on/off.

Ron
I have a regular switch to turn the block heater on the side of the box of the bed. It is not a circuit breaker, it has a red light that goes on when you turn it on, but I do believe that you are right about the recepticle box in the inverter/charger compartment. I think the disconnected cord right next to it is for the block heater. I will check it tomorrow. I will turn the switch off and on the inside and check to see if I have power to the plug. If it works in conjunction with the switch it is the block heater.
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 01-25-2010, 08:02 PM   #4
RayChez1

Deleted: double posted. Sorry!
Aventa II Blue Ox