Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-21-2010, 09:34 PM   #1
ellbaker

Default Gulfstream Yellowstone

I am looking at an 07 Gulfstream Yellowstone on a Ford chassis with 7500 miles. It is a bunk model. It looks to be in excellent shape, inside and out. How is the reliability on Yellowstones?
ellbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:22 AM   #2
RayChez1

Default Re: Gulfstream Yellowstone

[quote="ellbaker"]I am looking at an 07 Gulfstream Yellowstone on a Ford chassis with 7500 miles. It is a bunk model. It looks to be in excellent shape, inside and out. How is the reliability on Yellowstones?[/quote

Ford chassis is the F-53 chassis. I had one on a motorhome and it was 36' long. It road kind of rough in comparison to the diesel pusher I have now because it had leaf springs, while the DP is air ride. Mine had a V-10 Ford engine and the engine is a very good engine. The transmission on mine I didn't care for it that much because it was only a four speed, but later on they improved the transmission and added another gear. So you should be ok on the chassis part. I have had real good luck with my coach. I really can't complain about the company Gulf Stream, but I have read on RV.NET by other RVers that customer service is terrible. Like I said I have never had any problems with them. Every coach is a different case, so if I was interested on one I would have somebody that knows coaches to inspect the house part for you and test drive the coach. Only you can decide on whether you like the test drive or not. It takes a bid of luck with any coach, any brand. I am in my second coach and I learn more and more about these monsters every day I drive them. They are a very complex piece of equipment and do require a lot of maintance. But I will be honest with you and that I do like the diesel powered coach that I have now a lot better then the gasoline coach I had before. If for nothing else just the handlling in windy weather alone is a plus.
Good luck on what ever you decide.

RayChez
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote