Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-26-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
lbutler98

Default Gap between the chassis and the motorcoach

We have a 2006 Enduramax 6216 & have had a few problems with it nothing too major. However, when we traded for it we drove from the TN/AL state line to OH for the trade in. By the time we got to the dealership it was closing time so we did not inspect it as thoroughly as we should have and we could not stay over for the next day inspection because of jobs. Once we got the coach home we noticed a gap behind the drivers seat and the step up into the coach. At one end it is a very large gap that gets narrower as it gets to the middle of the cab. When we took it in, the dealer said the extended warranty wouldn't cover the repair and they even called Gulfstream and they wouldn't cover it either. We decided we could probably repair it ourselves cheaper than what the dealer estimated it. My question is has anyone else experienced this problem and what is the best way to correct it?
Old 01-30-2011, 03:42 PM   #2
PORTABLE PARADISE

Default Gap

My rig had a gap when I purchased it also. I have an GS Endura 2004 6340 model. Behind the passnger seat is the recliner seat next to the coach entry door. While driving in S/Dakota the wall was moving independently from the floor. I was not a happy camper.

Got home and discovered the factory screws were not long enough to go into the metal frame on the floor. I was able to fix it with some long screws and caulked it up and replaced the trim work. You would never know it was there now.
PORTABLE PARADISE is offline   Reply With Quote