Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
Ultra Supreme

Default basement speakers

Has anyone hooked up some speakers in the storage cabinets? I was wondering if this can be done from the Jensen radio so if you do not have hydro you can still listen outside. I guess maybe you would have to unhook the rear speakers........

2006 Sun Voyager 36.5 ft.
Triton V-10
Ultra Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #2
03heritagerider

Default Re: basement speakers

Not sure what "hydro" is in reference to your issue, but I'm guessing you want to put speakers in a compartment, and those speakers are driven by your dash radio. I'm sure it can be done, but I wouldn't want to deal with the wiring. (If my assumption is incorrect, I apologize)

When I bought a new sound system for my home, I took the old receiver, CD player, amplifier and speakers and stacked them in the cabinet behind the passenger's side front wheel and strapped them down. On my coach, this cabinet is pre-wired with a power outlet and an antenna/cable connection for a TV. Now I have an outdoor entertainment center and don't have to go inside to operate the system. You could always put a good old boom box in there too!
Old 08-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
Steve48

I made a "slide-out bracket deal" for my TV in the basement years ago. The TV really wasn't loud enough, so I added a radio, amp & speakers.
I welded a metal radio box to the "slide-out bracket deal" and wired it so sound from the TV went through the radio/amp to speakers.
What a difference it made - THE BOMB! - Having the radio outside allows you control of volume/I-pod ect.
Think about remote control so you don't have to keep getting up to turn volume up or down when a commercial comes on.

I hooked the Punch amp #p4004 up to the slide-out power which was very handy & out of the way. Then installed the Klipsch #AW-650 speakers on the frame rail up high out of the way. I can't remember the radio, but it had the removable control head with AUX, ipod, pandora, FM/AM, sirius, and sound adjustments.

Hope this helps.
Steve48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #4
Ultra Supreme

Thanks .......all the info helps but I think I might just go with the boom box idea....

2006 Sun Voyager 36.5 ft.
Triton V-10
2001 Jeep TJ Sport
Ultra Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote