Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #1
RayChez1

Default Head light problem 2002 Scenic Cruiser

First noticed that one head lamp only had one light that was working on dim. On bright all lights were working until today. I noticed while driving from Las Vegas to California that every time I tried to switch from bright to dim that a little red light flash would occur on the instrument panel. So when I got home I noticed that only one light was working. Need some experts as to what could be happening. I got under the coach and took the rubber cover off one of the lights hoping that it was a twist and change type bulb, but to my surprise it is like a very complicated system and it could be on whole sealed halogen light. Has anybody changed these type of lights or could it be a direct short some where. I checked the fuse and it is ok, but I am not sure if there are other fuses on the line next to the light. It says on the beam that it is a VO H1 light.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:59 AM   #2
RayChez1

Default Re: Head light problem 2002 Scenic Cruiser

Up date on my problem with the head lights. I was wrong about the high beams being out. I just didn't know that the ignition switch has to be on for the H1 high beam lights to go on. So as it turned out I only have to replace one H1 low beam light bulb. Cost around nine dollars. LOL! and here I have had this coach since 2003 bought brand new and did not know that my high beam lights only work when the ignition switch was on. WOW!

And the red light that would flicker was my seat belt light, not sure why that would flicker a bit, but I will keep an eye on that.
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 11-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
GStream40
Site Team

As RV'ers we learn something new everyday. Glad you got the headlight problem solved and posting what was "wrong" to save some of us time and energy.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #4
RayChez1

Yesterday was a beautiful day to crawl under the coach and change out the halogen light bulb and I decided to do it since they told me that it would take about an hour at a repair facility. So at $125.00 PER hour I decided to do myself. I looked at the whole situation and I decided to drop the whole light beam and brackets that hold it in place. Three lag screws hold the bracket, so I took them off and the whole thing come out easy. Disconnected two wires and I laid it on my work bench. Took two retainer clips off the back of the bulb and out she comes. Replaced it with a new H1 55 watt bulb and bingo it was repaired. It took me about 15 minutes to do the whole job. Works perfect and I thought I would share my experience with other Gulf Stream owners because you can save yourself some big money.
Aventa II Blue Ox