Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-21-2019, 12:46 PM   #1
Jnolan

Default Slide out seals

We have a 2006 Gulf Stream crescendo model 8710 with 3 slides. I need to replace the outside seals on the slides and after speaking with three service facilities nobody can give me any type of pricing. Has anyone ever had this done or done it themselves. I’m afraid the dealers are wanting to get my unit in their service bay and back me into a corner on a crazy can’t do nothing about it now price. Also any info on finding replacement seals or where to buy these would be helpful. Thanks Campers!
Jnolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 11:31 PM   #2
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Generally, 1) DIY, just the rubber is about $4/foot in 25-foot MIN rolls, (internet/ Amazon); (Suspect dealer will charge $8-10/ft materials only(??); 2) MFR/ Vendors are steelerubber.com and uni-griprubberproducts.com (URLs might be right/ wrong, you may have to search/ adjust?); 3) Suspect a qualified dealer will remove the slide, (LABOR INTENSIVE PROCESS?), INSTALL new seals (quick/ easy with slide removed), and reinstall/ adjust (height and forward/ back); they (might) even have to build custom sleds to remove slides on? I can easily picture $2k-$3k with 2-3 big slides, maybe more? I DIY replaced one vertical section on one slide on my 20yo rig, and it was a challenge, but worked out OK without slide removal, and suspect I could NOT do the top without slide removal(??) so my DIY cost was $120+/- incl. some silicone caulk. Hope this helps. If your seals are in place, and not torn too bad recommend PURCHASING SILICONE RUBBER SLIDE SPRAY (Walmart/ other sources) and spray well inside and out; makes a HUGE difference
Old 02-25-2019, 12:23 AM   #3
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

another option, if rig is fairly new, might be the factory; or at least worth a phone call to the factory for recommendations/ pricing?