Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-27-2021, 06:24 AM   #1
PaddlePAT

Default Speaker not working...

New Vintage Cruiser 19RBS. One of the interior speakers is not working. Took the speaker out and the wires are indeed connected. How do I remove the radio from the cabinet so I can check the rear connections?

Thanks.
PaddlePAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 09:50 AM   #2
tmbrwlvs

I have a 2019 Cabin Cruiser 24RBS. If the radios are similar, I took a plastic painting spatula & was able to gently pry the plastic molding loose on each side of the radio. Once I got it stated, I used the spatula as a protector to the surface & used a butter knife (non serrated ) to pry the trim molding completely off, being careful not to break the plastic prongs holding it in place. Once off you can access the screws holding radio in place. The trim will snap back in place when finished. Hope this helps...
tmbrwlvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 02:58 PM   #3
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Did you check that L/R and Front/Rear Faders are set to mid-point?
Old 05-09-2021, 03:33 PM   #4
BryanL21

If your camper is new, and if possible, I would let your dealer handle this under the warranty. If you go tearing into it and don’t get the job done you may have voided the warranty on that repair. That said, these stereo units are very low end and notoriously problematic. Your stereo may be defective and the speaker actually fine. All the more reason to let your dealer sort it out.
BryanL21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 08:48 AM   #5
PaddlePAT

I have an appt with a dealer next month to have this looked at. I'd really like to avoid it if this is something as simple as a wire not plugged in.
Old 05-22-2021, 12:43 AM   #6
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddlePAT View Post
I have an appt with a dealer next month to have this looked at. I'd really like to avoid it if this is something as simple as a wire not plugged in.
and the answer? Did you check that Left/Right and Front/Rear Fader Controls on the Radio are set to mid-point so that all four +speakers work?
Old 05-22-2021, 09:23 AM   #7
PaddlePAT

I fixed it. Figured out how to remove the stereo and found out that a speaker wire was disconnected.

What great Quality Control GS has...
Old 05-22-2021, 11:06 AM   #8
RY469

Default PDI

That should have been caught by the dealership you bought the unit from during PDI (Pre-delivery Inspection). Shame on them.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 06:13 AM   #9
SallyRay

Have you tested to see if the wiring is still in good condition, i.e. is the circuit complete.
just a thought.
SallyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 07:37 PM   #10
whitedvr

What size speakers and what radio did you install I have a Bt100 radio very low end want to upgrade.
whitedvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 10:43 AM   #11
maddog53

When I purchased my 199RK new, I got it home and found that the antenna would not pick up one radio station, nor one tv station. I told , multiple times, the salesman that this SHOULD have been found during dealer prep, that I PAID for. We went round and round and finally THEY sent a truck and took my trailer to their shop (2 3/4 hours away) and fixed this issue along with another one that should have been found during my paid for dealer prep. They were assholes about it, and must have got tired of my rightful bitching, at least my useless salesman Brian was, and when done, they even towed the trailer back to my house. I am very happy and since then, they have gotten a different service manager and this guy is on top of things. If it is something that should have been found in your dealer prep, keep on them about it and don't do work yourself until the warranty is up.
maddog53 is offline   Reply With Quote