Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2021, 06:11 PM   #1
AJFishin

Default :Solved: 2003 BT cruiser FRESH water tank drain, what am I not getting??

I found the low point for the hot/cold water drains, 1 a piece, to drain out my fresh water tank, but it does not drain after pulling them up and turning them. These valves are located in a outside storage box to the left of where the grey/black water tanks are located.

I looked under my sofa where the fresh water tank is and there are no other values or T values to open to allow water to freely drain. I also have my RV on a very slight incline so water has an easy way to drain down and out.
There is a 3/4" or so pipe running from the fresh water tank under the pantry and then under the fridge, but again no visible valve.
Under the sink there is a valve that says "BYPASS" and it is in the "BYPASS" position.

Is there another valve I'm missing or am I supposed to do something else to drain the water?
This is driving nuts as I want to drain the tank that has about 1/4 of water in there so I can sanitize it.

Reading the manual it says, " To drain, OPEN the water tank valve (Fig.14)", then proceeds to show the water pump with no valve. This is exactly how mine is.

Hope some one has the answer or can get me moving on the right path.
AJFishin is offline   Reply With Quote