Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-29-2021, 05:16 PM   #1
AJFishin

Default Is this a normal Grey/Black water set up???

Looking at my grey and black water tanks drain pipes on my Gulf Stream BT Class B, it seems like it might be something the PO did? I’m a newbie here so I’m asking questions before assuming things are good.

The thing I saw was the black tape around the end of the pipe for the sewer hose to attach to. I have not taken the tape off yet and minus the tape, the set up does not look factory? Do you think this is just some kind of extension the PO placed on?

I’m thinking of replacing the black tanks pipe, but before doing so, I would like to know what you might think and any suggestions on what is best to do?

Also what would be a good replacement?

Thanks in advance.

AJFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 09:46 AM   #2
RY469

Looks like someone (PO?) modified your setup for full time hook up at campground. You can re-pipe to get a regular connector for a drain hose. Simply adding a flange on the end of what you have would work, but looks like that would not allow enough clearance to the ground? Regardless, you'll need to ensure you keep the "Y" connection for the grey tank. My two cents.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 04:33 PM   #3
AJFishin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RY469 View Post
Looks like someone (PO?) modified your setup for full time hook up at campground. You can re-pipe to get a regular connector for a drain hose. Simply adding a flange on the end of what you have would work, but looks like that would not allow enough clearance to the ground? Regardless, you'll need to ensure you keep the "Y" connection for the grey tank. My two cents.
Thanks for the reply. I guess if it's not broke I won't mess with it. We'll see how it goes on the first dump, hoping for no leaks, haha.
Old 11-07-2021, 09:37 AM   #4
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

THERE IS A BROKEN PIECE OF A Black HOSE END fitting still attached, (in pic, almost unhooked and could fall off), suggest you remove it? Suspicion would be tape covering a crack, but (end adapter for hose w/ pins) may have been replaced and secured w/ tape vs glue? BTW, if you carefully remove wires, wire brush and reinstall, it may help accuracy of the tanks sensors (if having any issues)? Luck to ya EDIT/ ADD: YOU WILL NEED A CAP/ W gasket and retainer chain/cord?
Old 11-07-2021, 06:22 PM   #5
EAGLE-1

NO, not at all
2007 Jeep Liberty 4X4
Blue Ox Aventa II
Roadmaster InvisiBrake
EAGLE-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 10:41 PM   #6
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Eagle-1, NOT sure WHAT you are seeing? It Is Up tight-to-bottom of tank/Outlets= MIN piping, as high as allowed; I Do not see any arrangement that would improve it?
Old 11-15-2021, 05:27 PM   #7
AJFishin

Quote:
Originally Posted by THenne1713 View Post
THERE IS A BROKEN PIECE OF A Black HOSE END fitting still attached, (in pic, almost unhooked and could fall off), suggest you remove it? Suspicion would be tape covering a crack, but (end adapter for hose w/ pins) may have been replaced and secured w/ tape vs glue? BTW, if you carefully remove wires, wire brush and reinstall, it may help accuracy of the tanks sensors (if having any issues)? Luck to ya EDIT/ ADD: YOU WILL NEED A CAP/ W gasket and retainer chain/cord?
First thank you for the suggestion on cleaning the connections, I will put that on my list of things I'm redoing.

The "broken hose end fitting" which I think you're referring to, (pointed out in the picture below) is not, it's a cap and not the greatest cap by far and will be replaced with a proper one with a chain.

Looking for a new connection that will fit my set up is proving to be hard to find.
I checked with etrailer and I'm waiting for a call back.
In the mean time, any suggestions to where I can find the connection I have, links, etc.?
So far I can only find this one which will NOT work with my set up as the grey pipe discharge connection is in the wrong spot.

Another question I have, do these typically have PVC cement to secure them, or are they just fitted on by hand?

Last I did my first dump the other day and had no leaks, so the tape or what ever is holding this connection together is sealed, but I don't like how it hangs down about 4". Going over speed bumps, driveways etc. makes me pray I don't hit it and break it off.