Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-04-2021, 12:01 AM   #1
wchoe

Default TPMS for 2008 Vista Mini Cruiser with Duallies

I have a 2008 Vista Mini Cruise with Duallies, that have valve extenders attached to them. (see photos)

Does anyone know if TPMS sensors can be attached to the valve extenders to monitor the tire-pressure?

One of the Dually pairs have valve extenders which are not attached to the rim (see 2nd photo).

Does anyone know if they can be screwed onto the rim like the other Dually pair?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Dually 1.jpeg (92.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpeg Dually 2.jpeg (109.8 KB, 7 views)
wchoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 11:13 AM   #2
BPeschka

I’ve seen TPMS systems on Amazon that screw onto the valve stems. Shouldn’t matter if there are extenders installed or not.

2004 BT Cruiser 5210
Class C
BPeschka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 12:46 PM   #3
jamesham

TPMS systems come both as internal and external sensors...your choice. The external ones come with as a cap, or flow-thru models. Any rubber tire stems should be replaced with steel bolt-in high pressure stems to avoid the disaster of centrifugal force with the weight of the sensor pulling out the rubber stem. Happened to us and lesson learned the hard way.

Stainless steel valve extenders like you have are the easy way to go for the inside dual, but there are steel bolt-in extra long bent valve stems made that allow you to get an air chuck in to inflate the inside dual. The ends of the braided steel extenders should be secured to the outside of the trim rings. Yours is secured to the center and that still is better than letting it flop around loose and vibrate loose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wchoe View Post
I have a 2008 Vista Mini Cruise with Duallies, that have valve extenders attached to them. (see photos)

Does anyone know if TPMS sensors can be attached to the valve extenders to monitor the tire-pressure?

One of the Dually pairs have valve extenders which are not attached to the rim (see 2nd photo).

Does anyone know if they can be screwed onto the rim like the other Dually pair?

Thanks
jamesham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 03:56 PM   #4
wchoe

Can I use metal-screws to bolt the valve-extenders into the rim?
Old 12-12-2021, 07:07 PM   #5
jamesham

I would not recommend drilling into the rim. Mine has chrome dish covers and it is thin metal that an electric drill can make an easy hole for a screw, nut, and couple of washers to hold the right angle bracket for the braided stems. Friendly dab of Super Glue would be much easier than trying to drill into the hardened rim and possibly causing a leak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wchoe View Post
Can I use metal-screws to bolt the valve-extenders into the rim?
jamesham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 10:14 PM   #6
wchoe

The valve-extenders are quite stiff, so will need to loosen them to get their base to stick to the rim with Super Glue.

Thanks