Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-10-2021, 07:20 PM   #1
leodaso

Default Mystery Switch 2021 Enlighten 27BHS

Good Day All,

I have a 2021 Enlighten 27BHS (Ameri-lite 268bh).
There is a "On/Off" ​switch in the kitchen that doesn't seem to run anything.
​From the size, it seems to be 12v. Also the wires run UP. It used to have a home-made label on it that said "REFRI" however it doesn't control the 12v refrigerator whatsoever.

I asked the salesman and he said that it controls the refrigerator somehow (I think he is blowing smoke). Also the RV Tech at the dealer told me the same thing. I had him try to show me what it does. And he simply said it turns the refrigerator on/off while holding the door open and noticing it actually doesn't turn the refrigerator on/off. He then scrambled to find out what it does, and couldn't find me an answer. He then ripped the "REFRI" sticker off.

I've watched several promo videos of this RV and all the switches have a home-made "REFRI" or "FRIDGE" sticker above them. However no one points it out and glosses right over it. I'm surprised my dealer is even stumped on what it actually does.

Edit: I should also mention, there isn't any voltage detected on either side of the switch. Also it isn't connected to ground.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210710_190351.jpg (389.9 KB, 6 views)
leodaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 09:31 AM   #2
nddenise

Is it maybe for the outlet below it? Did anyone think to check that?
nddenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 10:28 AM   #3
VaHappyCamper

Am not familiar with your unit, but in a lot of others, it is part of the system for the hot water heater (gas/elec models).
VaHappyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 08:46 AM   #4
leodaso

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaHappyCamper View Post
Am not familiar with your unit, but in a lot of others, it is part of the system for the hot water heater (gas/elec models).
All the gas and electric switches for the water heater are in a different location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nddenise View Post
Is it maybe for the outlet below it? Did anyone think to check that?
It doesn't. The wires run up, and not down to the switch. Also there isn't any voltage and the wires are red.

-

I took a look at it again. My guess it is for the refrigerator, but someone bypassed it.
leodaso is offline   Reply With Quote