Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-09-2022, 12:12 PM   #1
Tonyf
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 28
Default SN Batteries

Anyone know if the 2008 SN 6372 came with a battery charger for the house batteries, and are the house batteries 6 or 12V? Mine has two 6v in series to make 12 and I can't locate a charger. Thanks.

Could this have been a charger? It’s in the 3rd compartment from the rear on the right. The wires run over to the shore power compartment on the other side, but are cut and tapped and there's nothing for them to connect to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_E6558.jpg (607.3 KB, 5 views)
__________________
2008 SN 6372
Tonyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:48 AM   #2
RY469
Senior Member
 
RY469's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Chicago Area
Posts: 121
Default Charger

Most house batteries are charged by the converter. The converter is simply a little power supply (like in the back of an PC). Locate your circuit breaker panel, maybe by the rear bed. There are 120 VAC circuit breakers, the 12 VDC (ATC type) fuse bank, and in the bottom behind the panel SHOULD be your converter / charger.

If you have, and are handy with a voltmeter (multimeter) the house batteries should read close to 12.7 VDC sitting, and around 13.6 VDC with shore power plugged in (that's coming from your converter). If all is well that is.

Does that help?
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 10:24 AM   #3
Tonyf
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RY469 View Post
Most house batteries are charged by the converter. The converter is simply a little power supply (like in the back of an PC). Locate your circuit breaker panel, maybe by the rear bed. There are 120 VAC circuit breakers, the 12 VDC (ATC type) fuse bank, and in the bottom behind the panel SHOULD be your converter / charger.

If you have, and are handy with a voltmeter (multimeter) the house batteries should read close to 12.7 VDC sitting, and around 13.6 VDC with shore power plugged in (that's coming from your converter). If all is well that is.

Does that help?
it does, thanks. I verified that they were charging the other day, but could not locate a charger or converter, but now I have a new place to look.
__________________
2008 SN 6372
Tonyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 11:41 PM   #4
THenne1713
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Memphis
Posts: 497
Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713
Default

On many, the CONVERTER/CHARGER is located in a box below or behind the POWER CENTER, which houses the 120v Breakers and the 12v FUSES, behind a blank, hinged, brown metal panel. Good Luck
__________________
THenne1713
2000 Conquest LE 6266, Class-C on 99-E450SD, 6.8, 2v, V-10
THenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 11:52 PM   #5
THenne1713
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Memphis
Posts: 497
Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713
Default

In looking at these wires, cannot determine wire size, but possible #10?= 30a, BUT that could make it DC or AC and TWO BLACK WIRES are of no help, so you will have to follow them to see what CONNECTED to?

MY thoughts are INVERTER(??), BUT I also NOTE another holes/ another missing wire? Also possible is SOLAR, SUCH AS SOLAR CHARGER, or some type of AUDIO/ VIDEO? Two wires really NOT enough for INVERTER and (suspect, but not sure?) not enough for solar controller? ANY solenoid or charge controller should be 3-to-4-wires???? Hmmmm????
__________________
THenne1713
2000 Conquest LE 6266, Class-C on 99-E450SD, 6.8, 2v, V-10
THenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 11:44 AM   #6
pwerwagn
Member
 
pwerwagn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Bosque Farms, NM
Posts: 66
Default

The converter that charges the batts in my 6372 is located below the kitchen sink, to the left, sorta under the drawers in a little space. The breaker/fuse panel is also in that area, right as you walk in the door to left.
__________________
2009 Supernova 6372
Sold: 2005 6316 Ultra Super C
pwerwagn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 01:40 PM   #7
THenne1713
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Memphis
Posts: 497
Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713
Default

Terminology: CONVERTER CHARGES Battery, and normally located with the power Center, where INVERTER makes 120vac from battery power and (usually?) located closer to battery.
__________________
THenne1713
2000 Conquest LE 6266, Class-C on 99-E450SD, 6.8, 2v, V-10
THenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 05:23 PM   #8
Tonyf
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwerwagn View Post
The inverter that charges the batts in my 6372 is located below the kitchen sink, to the left, sorta under the drawers in a little space. The breaker/fuse panel is also in that area, right as you walk in the door to left.
Thanks, I suspected it might be there when I noticed the bottom drawer for the kitchen cabinets was a blank. Have not dug into it yet, but it seems to be working ok and keeping the house batteries charged. So wonít mess with it if itís not broke, have enough to do on this thing.
__________________
2008 SN 6372
Tonyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 10:26 AM   #9
pwerwagn
Member
 
pwerwagn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Bosque Farms, NM
Posts: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THenne1713 View Post
Terminology: CONVERTER CHARGES Battery, and normally located with the power Center, where INVERTER makes 120vac from battery power and (usually?) located closer to battery.
I cant believe I did that! One of my biggest pet peeves is people referring to converter and inverter wrong, and I did it!!
__________________
2009 Supernova 6372
Sold: 2005 6316 Ultra Super C
pwerwagn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×