Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-30-2020, 11:17 AM   #1
Rax

Default Fresh water tank leak

Hello everybody, hope all is good I own am amerilite 2017 189dd
Been rving for almost two years ,and I've boondocked a few times.
I know when we fill up the fresh water tank we must be mindful not to make it overflow, not to be filled up all the way or so I understood
Now since I'm still fairly new to rving and especially to boondocking when the water level fills up to about 2/3 where the water hose is just below that water leaks out and noticed the inside of the camper full of water .
After clean up i noticed a small hole underneath where the water hose is on the potable water tank ,is the hole normal should it be there or is it a repair tha needs to be fixed
Thank you
Rax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:20 AM   #2
Colorado350

The only holes should be the actual fill hole and overflow drain, both are typically at the same level. Now your tank may have additional options i.e holes for different mounting configurations but those should all have plugs.

I only boondock and fill my tank full. I put a longer piece of Pex hose on the overflow drain and installed a valve on that drain hose. After water runs out of the overflow I close the valve, this allows me to carry several additional gallons of water without it syphoning out during the drive.
Old 04-03-2021, 05:37 PM   #3
cch123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rax View Post
Hello everybody, hope all is good I own am amerilite 2017 189dd
Been rving for almost two years ,and I've boondocked a few times.
I know when we fill up the fresh water tank we must be mindful not to make it overflow, not to be filled up all the way or so I understood
Now since I'm still fairly new to rving and especially to boondocking when the water level fills up to about 2/3 where the water hose is just below that water leaks out and noticed the inside of the camper full of water .
After clean up i noticed a small hole underneath where the water hose is on the potable water tank ,is the hole normal should it be there or is it a repair tha needs to be fixed
Thank you
Is there a valve on your take train under the RV? We tried to fill the tank for the first time and water poured out of the clear drain hose. There is not valve on the end to keep it from draining.

Thanks,
Chris
cch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 02:57 PM   #4
rburns6096

the 189dd water tank drain valve is under the bed at the top bottom corner of the water tank.
rburns6096 is offline   Reply With Quote