Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-13-2020, 09:19 AM   #1
solarrv

Default 2008 Super Nova 6362 - Which is which?

Hi,
Can someone help "un-confuse" me? There are two different advertisements for a 2008 Gulf Stream Super Nova Conquest Endura but the vehicle pictures are completely different. Did Gulf Stream make two different models? Is the "Conquest" the key difference? If so, does it merit a $17k higher price, the Kodiak chassis vs. the International chassis? Do these both have the Duramax engine? Thanks

2008 Gulf Stream Endura 6362: $58k

2008 Gulf Stream Conquest Endura 6362: $75k
solarrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 07:56 PM   #2
JohnnyAfrica

International has 6.0 Navistar / Ford Diesel Engine & the Kodiak has the 6.6 Chevy Diesel
The International used the 4200 Series truck & the other is a Chevy Kodiak Truck Chassis.

I ended up buying & paying more for the Supernova with the International Chassis, they seemed to keep their resale better. Both packages had issues & the Ford 6.0 engine got a bad wrap over the EGR issues. I replaced the EGR & "Bullet proofed" it & have no issues. The Gulf Stream build quality back in 08 was not that bad & our's has held up well ... Check that front Over the cab glass...some leaked in that area. Nexus is still building on the International Chassis.... Good luck
Old 01-15-2020, 07:10 PM   #3
SlimTim

Prior to purchasing my GS Supernova I had a 34' motor-home built on the Kodiak chassis with the 6.6 Duramax and Allison transmission. I can tell you without a doubt the Supernova on the International chassis is much nicer to drive. Power on both vehicles was about the same but the heaver International truck chassis and the 22.5 tires (19.5 on the Kodiak) make it much more stable and comfortable.

In regards to the engine, both the VT365 (AKA 6.0) and the 6.6 Duramax had some issues. However the VT365 seemed to have more than the Duramax. I also put the Bullet Proof Diesel EGR cooler as well as the BPD oil cooler in my Supernova and so far so good. If you search this site for Bullet Proof Diesel oil cooler it should come up.

I have always been under the impression the only Gulf Stream's that were true "Supernovas" were called Supernovas. For example I have a Supernova 6400, it's not a GS Supernova Endura as the the Enduras are Gulf Stream Enduras; but I could be full of sh!t.

If all things are equal in the two RV's I would go with the International chassis over the Kodiak any day.

Good Luck
SlimTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 01:43 PM   #4
RayChez1

I believe Nexus are custom made coaches. They will build the coach anyway you choose, what I have read.

The owners of Nexus used to be with Gulf Stream before, and when the economy crashed, Gulf Stream dropped their motorized division and built only trailers to keep them afloat. Now they have come back with class C and B building. They need to get back into the class A building. I have really enjoyed my Scenic Cruiser.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 05:57 PM   #5
JohnnyAfrica

I was looking at the Nexus this past Sat at the Tampa RV show, the quality is not there like before. The price is pretty good, however they have sacrificed the quality to get that cost down...the older Gulfstream products were way better built in my opinion.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:05 PM   #6
Romingrob

Hi
We have the 2008 super nova international chassis. The choice was easy. The international is a heavy truck. There is no sway or wobble on turns and built to last.
I test drove both, there was significant difference.
Good luck.
Romingrob is offline   Reply With Quote