Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-08-2020, 10:52 AM   #1
roadwoman

Default how to level

We have a 2006 Gulf stream 5291 motorhome. There is no leveling system. Most of the time we do well getting it level if the site itself is level. The last time we went camping the site was very unlevel and we had a heck of a time getting it level. Every time we try to level one side the level showed something else unlevel. For those of you that don't have a leveling system is there anything you use to help get your motorhome level. We use blocks and have the anderson levelers nothing seems to work in these unlevel sites.
roadwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 07:27 PM   #2
Colorado350

I use this app, placed in the center of the camper. I’ve used blocks etc, I’ve also dug a “hole” to lower one side and blocks to lift the other. Sometimes you just need to find a different site if it’s too uneven.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/carava...h/id1024071575
Old 05-17-2020, 09:31 AM   #3
DolceFarNiente

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwoman View Post
We have a 2006 Gulf stream 5291 motorhome. There is no leveling system. Most of the time we do well getting it level if the site itself is level. The last time we went camping the site was very unlevel and we had a heck of a time getting it level. Every time we try to level one side the level showed something else unlevel. For those of you that don't have a leveling system is there anything you use to help get your motorhome level. We use blocks and have the anderson levelers nothing seems to work in these unlevel sites.
Honestly, you mostly just need practice.

I use a Camco EZ Level

which is quick and easy to use, and then I have a couple bags of Lynx blocks. I haven't been in a site so unlevel as to require anything more.

I probably am not all that fussy about level, either. If its comfortable to walk around in, its level enough.
DolceFarNiente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 11:51 AM   #4
roadwoman

We bought the levelpro and it's great. It Tells you how many inches on each tire it has to be raised or lowered.
roadwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 01:06 PM   #5
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwoman View Post
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Levelin...omotive&sr=1-1
Old 05-17-2020, 01:08 PM   #6
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

TIP: When needing more than 1-inch, setup so tire rolls onto 1-inch before climbing ramp.
Old 05-17-2020, 06:00 PM   #7
UAHaerospace

a larger motorhome is sometimes the hardest of RVs to easily Level, without any automatic leveling system, since it's unwieldy, and harder to maneuver onto 'blocks' or similar leveling devices.
I've found that you don't have to go by any 'level' and be 'exactly' level to be quite comfortable. If the hall bath door doesn't swing hard one way or the other, then you are probably 'level' enough. That's the main indicator we use, regardless of what our leveling panel 'tells' us. Level is as much of how you 'feel', as in an exact science.

Also, the coach doesn't care if it's level, only humans do!
UAHaerospace is offline   Reply With Quote