Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-01-2021, 07:47 PM   #21
RY469

There are a couple of options. Install a "BIRD" with solenoid to connect the two, will sense if one or the other needs charged and connect them. Another (easier) option is an DC-to-DC charger. Tied from the house to charge chassis. OR you can install solar to charge both . . . Do you have any electrically inclined friends that work for beer to help out (like me)?
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 08:02 PM   #22
Larryjb

Thanks for the quick reply. None of my friends, (both of them) are electrically inclined.
I am in Pgh. PA. Are you in the neighborhood?
My former Roadtrek had a 12 volt line running form the house battery up to the chevy battery and the whole system was tied together.
Under the hood of my current Ford chassis, do you know if there is a 12 volt line coming from the house battery?
I could always hook up a "Battery Tender" to the Ford battery using 110 volts from my Home outside outlet.
Maybe I need to find the BIRD if I can find it.
Thanks for all your suggestions.
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 09:43 AM   #23
RY469

Default Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryjb View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. None of my friends, (both of them) are electrically inclined.
I am in Pgh. PA. Are you in the neighborhood?
My former Roadtrek had a 12 volt line running form the house battery up to the chevy battery and the whole system was tied together.
Under the hood of my current Ford chassis, do you know if there is a 12 volt line coming from the house battery?
I could always hook up a "Battery Tender" to the Ford battery using 110 volts from my Home outside outlet.
Maybe I need to find the BIRD if I can find it.
Thanks for all your suggestions.
BTW B.I.R.D. = "Directional Battery Isolator Relay"
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 07:18 AM   #24
Henry111

ACOPOWER does a wonderful job charging my RV battery. It fully charges my battery in about 5 hours on a transparent, sunny day and 6-7 hours on a foggy day. a far better and cheaper alternative to ceiling mounting. you'll turn this panel towards the sun if you wish to gather more rays. the duvet is of excellent quality, but beware, it'll not protect you from a fall. I kept the shipping box that came once I packed it in my RV. Good product.
Henry111 is offline   Reply With Quote