Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-15-2022, 01:36 PM   #1
[email protected]

Default 2007 Gulf Stream Conquest Hot Water Heater

My hot water heater went out on my 2007 Conquest and there are no numbers on the unit to identify it, I called Gulf Stream and the representative said she doesn't show that model came with a hot water heater, which it did. I do not know how to replace it if I cannot get a model number, I already downloaded the owners manual, it references the hot water operation but does not provide model number. Anybody have an idea of what I can do to get model number info?
herb.shearer@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 02:58 PM   #2
Chuck v

Herb,

The Conquest model name had been applied to class C motor homes, travel trailers, and ultralight towables...which model number and style are you inquiring about??

Most have 6 gallon DSI heaters -- usually either Atwood or Suburban. Maybe if you post a picture of your heater here it would help...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 03:22 PM   #3
Bike Dr

I'd replace that sucker with a tankless!!! That is my next upgrade never run out of hot water, I install them for a living as one of our many things we do,.and they use no energy unless it is in use, Now that is just my opinion but have never had a complaint and it is a much easier install then the typical 6gal water heater!!
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 04:39 PM   #4
Seadog63

Like the gentleman said you can throw an Atwood or suburban in there or tankless, slight modifications at best and a new vent cover that goes with the new one. Beings you’ve experience you’ll accomplish with no problem.
Seadog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 06:08 PM   #5
Bike Dr

Oh and just an FYI, as long as the tank on your existing heater is good all the parts can be replaced! It is nothing more then a thermostat and an element on the electric side and a gas burner on the other on most models, if is not leaking then it can be repaired easily! Elements and stats are universal! And very cheap!!
Old 02-20-2022, 03:14 PM   #6
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Tankless has a learning curve for owner, and NOT great for boondocking, because it requires HIGH FLOW for consistent water temperature; flow too low= NO heat;

SUGGEST search posts here or IRV2 to see issues on tankless before buying?
Old 02-20-2022, 06:03 PM   #7
Bike Dr

I Installed a better pump then the oem pump keeping constant 55psi, but all you have to do is remove the water saver do dads on the faucets and no more low flow issues, pay attention in your purchase that you look at the flow rating low end units WILL give hot water but not so much at low modulation. you do get what you pay for..
Old 02-21-2022, 08:16 PM   #8
Seadog63

Beg to differ, it can run off your coaches water pump as well as “city water” at a camp ground, I’ve an appoint in March with truma in Elkhart Indiana to get the install done on my coach, the unfortunate thing is it won’t run on electric besides the ingniter and chip board, reason why is because of such high btu that electric would be insufficient. Check their website give em a call, they’ve been doing this for a minute. The other tankless units will also run off the coach pump with no problem as well. I called two other manufacturers with questions including the coach pump being capable and yes they will. Reason why I chose the truma was durability, two year warranty 100% and no wait time for parts, they’ll just swap out the whole unit so as not to hold you up, plus mobile service as well. Pay more for it but get more from them, just my choice.
Seadog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 08:41 PM   #9
Bike Dr

I mentioned low end units having problems with low flow firing issues! I have seen it first hand, like I mentioned above. It's not about pressure it's about flow..we never had a problem boondocking with them in the past they are great units your coaches pump should have more then enough to run it. Kinda wondering if he may have had something clogged or something? They do have screens that should be cleaned now and then if you have a good system in your rv you should have no problems.. that's just my opinion ofcourse but I do install them for a living. And definitely upgrading this coach also!

Ps I would never recommend or use an electric tankless!! LP is the only way to go.

Tags
hot water heater