Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-21-2022, 08:49 AM   #1
Papa Dave O

Default New RVer

Hello fellow travelers,
Just bought a 2004 Gulf Stream BT Cruiser. I need some info on the Kwikee steps, the Domentic awning and the emergency switch behind the driver. Any help would be appreciated.
Papa Dave O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 12:26 PM   #2
ezdriver

A while ago I was able to find the Kwikee step manual online, the name is Kwikee #888 Electric Step Owner's Manual (1422279).
But today it's been renamed. I just found it on Lippert Industries website:
https://support.lci1.com/kwikee-steps
It's the one named:
"Kwikee® 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 28A, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38, 39, 40, 41 and Platinum Series Electric Step Owner's Manual (formerly #888 "

I haven't used the emergency switch behind the driver's seat, but I understand that it is to be used when the chassis battery is dead and won't start the engine. When the switch is pressed, it will use the house battery to start the engine.

When my awning is unrolled, I can see the I.D. sticker on the forward end of the large aluminum tube.
The manual I found online a while back is :
Dometic A&E Sunchaser 8500 9000
Currently this seems to be available at:
https://primetimerv.com/pdf/116974/A...etic-UserGuide
The current version says "Sunchaser II" but it looks close enough.
I hope this helps.
ezdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 06:01 PM   #3
Papa Dave O

Smile Thanks EZ

Thanks EZ.... your info was of great help. Appreciate your speedy reply and in depth info. Papa Dave O
Old 05-29-2022, 11:30 AM   #4
Brett47

Not sure your issue with your steps but mine quit working on my 2006 BT Cruiser. I was almost ready to replace the motor when I discovered that I needed to replace my two house batteries. They've worked fine ever since!
Brett47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 01:20 PM   #5
Papa Dave O

I’m almost certain my was damaged when the original owner was driving with the step down. The step supports have been welded and the motor (with model number) is missing. I fully leered the step and drilled a hole in the support brackets. Now when I extend the steps I put a Clovis been thru the brackets and it secures the steps down . I pull the pin and bungee the steps up. I may drill another hole for a pin in the up position but I am not going to spend $700 for a new step and motor assembly. Eventually I will probable buy a manual step. Thanks for your reply.