PDA

View Full Version : Towing 08 HHR

chamberlain
07-14-2008, 12:51 PM
Has anyone installed the Wiring Kit and Base plate on a 08 HHR by themselves? I've done it on a Jeep Wrangler and now would like to do it on my new toad. How about a breaking system... currently I have a Break Buddy

Thx

GO BLUE
07-14-2008, 06:42 PM
I think if I had a brand new 20,000 plus something on the back of my bus I would let a professional install those brackets and brake buddy.......

trickto322
07-26-2008, 12:06 AM
We bought everything we needed to tow our HHR from PPL motorhomes. (best prices) I installed the hitch. The hitch was a matter of reading all of the instructions then I went for it. You need some mechanical ability,but not much. The entire front bumper comes off and the front is now clean to work on. I used a jack to hold the hitch up while I was drilling the holes and connecting it to the frame. The brake system I order in Quartzsite and had it installed there. The braking system is not only mechanical its electicial so I was not going there.
Good Luck

rdlamb
07-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Chamberlain:
I'd wonder if installing your own tow system would void your warranty on the HHR. At the least, putting in the wiring could fry the computer, which is very expensive to replace if the warranty is voided.

That vented, I also wired and set up for towing my Rubicon. It is possible to do one's self. But... the warranty issue raises it's ugly head.