PDA

View Full Version : Alarms

bowhunterjsc
04-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Dumb question, but, what all can trigger the audible alarms when the engine is started? 1999 Sunsport, Ford V10 and yes, I am a newbee! Start engine, alarm sounds, cannot find what is the cause. Have owners manual but don't see that in there. Thanks in advance for your help.

mfa
04-23-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm not familiar with your system, but on mine the alarms go off if I start the rig with the leveling jacks not in the full up position.

RJ82much
04-23-2010, 09:07 PM
I get an audible alarm every time I start my Workhorse engine. It warns of "Low Oil Pressure" before the engine is actualy running! Also, the jacks down (actually, all jacks NOT up) will give an audible.

When you refer to the owner's manual, do you mean the RV manual or the Ford manual?

bowhunterjsc
04-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. The RV manual is what I was referring to. So, anyhow, I figured out the annoying alarm is only temporary. Start motor, listen to alarm for a few minutes, alarm stops. Not sure why. I do hope I don't have to listen to that for that long every time I start it up but at least it does stop on its own.

03heritagerider
04-26-2010, 01:35 PM
My unit also sounds an alarm until air pressure (air brakes) reaches a certain level.