PDA

View Full Version : Hello!!

SGTJAC
10-01-2019, 10:56 PM
As I'm a new member, Hello to All! I need to start off with a question and hopefully a picture for people who know the Tour Master. In the reel compartment their is a 110 plug below an outlet that isn't plugged in. Does anyone know what that goes to,before I just plug it into the outlet? Been working out some little issues:rolleyes: I'll learn how to post some Pictures the right way soon:)

Thanks to all in advance!
2006 Tour Master
400 Cummings

GStream40
10-03-2019, 07:49 PM
That is the plug for the heater for the diesel engine. You only plug that in cold weather to heat up the engine so that it starts easier. I only plugged mine in when I was connected to 115 volt AC electric about two to three hours before I wanted to start the diesel when the outside temperature was below 40 degrees.
The diesel will start like its summer.

Ron

SGTJAC
10-03-2019, 10:42 PM
Ron,
I would like to extend my thanks for your help. This site is a great wealth of knowledge and experience for new owners. Late summer I acquired my MH and still working out all the problems that were not addressed over the last few years. It's a challenge for someone my age. If it wasn't for the members on here, it would take triple the time for answers and even then maybe never.
I do have a follow-up question. Can you use the generator to run the engine heater instead of shore power?

Chuck v
10-04-2019, 08:52 AM
Yes, the diesel engine block heater can be run off of the generator if you wish. For convenience in very inclement weather you may find it handier to leave the cord in the reel bay plugged in and simply turn off the breaker under the refrigerator that is labeled for the engine heater, since it is a dedicated circuit...that way you don't have to walk outside in the snow and ice in close quarters when leaving your parking space.

Chuck

GStream40
10-04-2019, 08:56 AM
Yes, You can run the generator to power the engine heater. I did mine a few times over the years.
I used my generator also to run the air conditioners while traveling, it does a much better job than using the dash air. The generator uses about 7/10's of a gallon of diesel fuel per hour.
The motorhome is a great comfortable way to travel. We traveled many, many miles in the states in our Gulf Stream coaches over the years although at times it can be a money pit especially when they need major repairs. But we found it is worth it with all the good times and memories we have.

Ron

SGTJAC
10-07-2019, 07:12 PM
I would like to thank both you for your quick replies. I found the engine heater breaker and other's under the side of the bed. I'm just going from one problem to another but if I can stay away from the major electrical and continue to get great advice I believe it will be a great MH for us.

RayChez1
10-13-2019, 12:56 PM
On my coach and maybe yours also, you can leave that cord connected to the outlet all the time IF you have a ON/OFF switch inside the coach like mine does. Mine is on the side of the bed box with an amber light. You can control the block heater from there. I use mine all the time when I am in cold weather. The engine starts right away in cold weather when I use it.

jtking
10-13-2019, 03:47 PM
Unfortunately, the Tourmaster does not have the bedroom block heater switch!

SGTJAC
10-16-2019, 06:57 PM
Unfortunately, the Tourmaster does not have the bedroom block heater switch!

Attached is a photo of the breaker panel on the side of the bed. Is this not the electric block heater breaker?

Chuck v
10-16-2019, 09:10 PM
Yes, that is the breaker that can be used to turn off power to the block heater. Some floorplans/years of the Tour Master have this panel under the refrigerator rather than in the bedroom area, but the function is the same... (see my post #4 above)

Chuck

WilliamVue
11-20-2019, 03:19 AM
Hello everyone!!!